Concept: We have used Adobe Photoshop and CorelDRAW together to design these lessons. You will get an idea how these two softwares can be used together to achieve wonderful effects. Adobe Photoshop is a raster program whereas CorelDRAW is a vector tool. Mostly, in the beginning, you can try CorelDRAW to draw the shapes, outlines with the help of its powerful drawing and editing facilities and then fill those shapes using Adobe Photoshop.
While drawing flower the methos of drawing is same
as we followed in the early lessons. We will draw each petal seperately
for this lesson. You can draw single petal and duplicate them with
the proper placement.
1. Open Core DRAW. Draw the circle using ellipse tool,
fill it with white color. Start drawing petal around the cirle using
bezier tool. Fill the shape with white color.
2. Convert the shape to curve and start editing the
shape using shape tool.
3. Using nodes and bezier handles to edit the shape.
4. Draw another shape with reference to the sample
artwork. Fill it with white color, edit with shape tool after converting
it to curve.
5. Continue drawing the shapes for petals and edit
them using shape tool. You can move and adjust the shape using pick
6. Select pick tool. Drag in the middle protion. Do
not touch any of the petal. Just start dragging from the left to
right so as to cover the hidden circle behind the petal. With this,
we are going to select the hidden corcle.
7. The circle is selected. Keep it selected.
8. Arrange > Order >
To Front of Page
9. Adjust the circle and the shapes using pick tool.
10. Export the drawing to photoshop for painting.
We will paint the branch in the next