We will paint the flower using photoshop. We kept the sample textile artwork open in photoshop for the reference of colors. Please refer the first painting lesson for the basics.
While painting the flower you have to take care of the brush size and the type. You can try different options from brush properties for shading.
1. Open photoshop. open the exported jpeg flower file that is designed in corel draw in the last lesson. You can reduce the size it it does not fit the window.
2. Select Magic Wand Tool and click within any petal inside the border. The inside portion will be selected. Create a new layer and keep it selected. Select the basic flower color using Eyedropper Tool.
3. Fill the entire petal with the base color. Keep the layer selected. We will stroke the border. Select proper color using eyedropper tool on the sample artwork for border.
4. Edit > Stroke (Width: 5 pixels Location: Inside)
5. Select the inside portion within the border of the petal using magic wand tool. Select soft brush and start painting the petal with proper color. We have selected the wet edge option for painting the inside potion of the petal.
6. Select the center portion using magic wand tool and start painting. Be careful about the layers. While painting you must be on the painting layer and while selection you should be on the background layer.