Concept: Making buttons in Adobe Photoshop is a regular artwork used for mainly web and presentations. It has a great potential and the scope for creativity is unlimited. You need to be aware with layer style command if you wish to move fast. Otherwise there are many subtle procedures like feather, modify, contract, by which you can try smooth looking buttons. Try to experiment with different combinations of the tools.
1. Create new file with 72 PPI and
2. Select Elliptical Marquee tool. Place the cursor in the center
of the image approximately.
3. Press Shift+Alt and draw perfect circle.
4. Select foreground and background color.
5. Select Gradient tool.
6. Drag from top left to bottom right.
7. With the image selected,
Select > Modify > Contract
8. Input the value 7.
9. Click the Gradient tool again
and drag over the image from bottom right to top left.
10. Press Ctrl +D to deselect.