Concept: This is the lesson designed to create the patterns using pattern maker tool of Adobe Photoshop. You need patterns for backgrounds, buttons, different types of navigation bars as well as presentations. Try to experiment with various basic images to create patterns and you will get interesting results. we have taken photographs for the base image. You can try different drawings to get amazing output.
1. Open Photoshop. You need to open
an image from which you will be creating pattern.
2. Filter > Pattern Maker
3. This will open Pattern Maker dialogue box with
the Rectangular Marquee Tool selected by default.
4. Drag Rectangular Marquee Tool on the portion of
the image from which you want to create the pattern. (marked with
5. Click Generate.
6. This will create the pattern which has to be saved.
7. At the right bottom of the dialogue box you will
find "Tile History".
8. Select "Saves Preset Pattern" (marked
with green circle)
9. Click Cancel to close the window.
10. We will use the pattern now.
File > New
Go for any size of the file with RGB mode on.
11. Edit > Fill > Use
Open newly created pattern from the custom pattern
flyout menu. Click OK.
This will fill canvas with the pattern.
|Examples of patterns created
from the above image using Pattern Maker