Concept: This is the pattern designed using Adobe Photoshop and its define pattern command. For this lesson you need to be very specific about the pattern and its selection. You have to create a pattern of the brick in such a way that it will result into the smooth uniform wall structure without any cutting or breakage. Once a basic design is drawn you will decide what portion of the design should be selected for the pattern.
1. Create new file with 72 PPI
and white background.
Select Rectangular Marquee Tool and draw rectangle
to create brick.
2. Fill it with the color.
If you want to fill foreground color press Alt + Del.
3. Choose Airbrush Tool with soft brush.
Select slightly darker shade than the filled color.
4. Press Shift and click top right, top left and bottom
left to make the brick bevel like.
5. Keep the shape selected. Select Move Tool.
Press Alt and copy the shape. Place the shape as shown
6. Select the part of the image with Rectangular Marquee
Tool in such a way that if it is repeated as a pattern you should
get continuous design.
7. Edit > Define Pattern
8. Name the pattern and deselect with Ctrl +D
9. Edit > Fill > Pattern
Choose the pattern from the drop down menu
Choose the newly created custom pattern. Click OK.
The image will get filled with pattern.