Concept: The lesson is designed using Adobe Photoshop. We have used selections, different combination of image editing tools and filters for most of the effects. Photoshop comes up with lots of the options and scope for experiment is much more than you can imagine. We wish to encourage you to use different options and tools to get better output. The lessons and techniques described need to be followed as a guideline to achieve the effect.
1. Open Photoshop. Open an image to
apply line effect.
2. Desaturate the image by Image
> Adjustments > Desaturate
3. Create New file with 1 pixel width, 2 pixel height
and transparent background.
4. Keep Black as a foreground color. Fill the top
1 X 1 pixel of transparent background using Pencil Tool.
5. Select All using CTRL
6. Create a pattern by Edit
> Define Pattern. Name the pattern.
7. Close the Pattern file and go back to image file.
8. Edit > Fill
(Choose "Pattern" from "Use" drop down menu
and again in "Custom Pattern" you will find newly created
9. Select newly created pattern and fill the image.