Concept: Magic Wand tool selects similar color pixels
hence allows you to select the object without selecting its outline.
This tool may not be much effective for the images with smooth tones
and gradiations. You need flat colored image for the accurate selection.
1. Open Photoshop. Open Image to work with Magic Wand
2. Select the Magic Wand Tool from Tool box (Its at
the bottom right corner in the following image).
3. Once you select the tool please turn your attention
to the option bar below menus and and keep the values and other
aspects similar to the readings shown in the following image.
4. Click the red portion of the petal. You will notice
that most of the similar colored portion of the flower is selected.
5. Press CTRL + D to deselect.
6. Click on the green area and
the green colored pixels are selected. We clicked on the top left
area of the following image.