Concept: These animation are designed using Image Ready which was bundled with Adobe Photoshop in the previous versions. Adobe has officially discontinued Image ready with its latest release and included the animation features as an integral part of creative suit. Gif animation was the prime technique prior to the emergence of flash and Image Ready could be used for a tiny animation to fulfill the needs of web. You can still use these techniques in the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop to create gif animations.
1. Open Photoshop and open the desired
image to be animated.
2. Create a blank layer above the image layer.
3. File > Jump To >
Image Ready 3.0
4. Make 4 copies of the image layer. Select the bottom
Edit > Transform > Numeric
In the box, input 20 % under scale - Percentage
The image will get contracted.
Repeat the procedure for above three layer using 40%,
5. Make Frames from Layers.
6. In the animation palette select 5th frame and tween
it with the blank frame.
7. Set the timings for frames.
8. Set the no. of time you want to play the animation.
9. Check the performance in the browser
File > Preview In > Click the browser
10. Save the file with
File > Save Optimized or File > Save