Concept: The simple masking technique using Adobe Flash software. This is the basic lesson that will teach you about the fundamental principles of masking. You need to animate the mask to understand the technique but animating mask is not essential to activate the masking command. Simply animate the circle using motion tween and place it above the stationary image. Convert the animated circle to mask.
1. You need to set the stage of the
image size. We have taken the following image for the simple masking
2. Open flash and create a new file. If you know the
image size you can create the file of the same size. Hence we have
created the file of 300 x 225 pixels.
Modify > Document (change
the size to image size)
3. Import image to stage.
File > Import > Import to Stage
4. Fit the image on the stage using Selection tool.
You can also use Align command if you want to do this with precision.
5. Rename the image layer to Image. Lock the image
6. Add one layer. Name it as Mask. Select it and draw
the circle using Oval Tool below the image with no stroke. You can
use any color for fill.
7. Select circle and convert to symbol using F8. Select
Graphics for option type and name it as Circle.
8. Select Image layer and insert frame on 20th frame.
9. Select Mask layer. Insert Keyframe on 20th frame.
Keep the slider on 20th frame. Drag the circle on the top of the
10. Select the first frame on the mask layer and change
the Tween property to Motion.
11. Right click on the mask layer and Select Mask.
The timeline will look like following image.
12. Export movie using File
> Export > Export Movie