Concept: Try to use dark colored object for this animation. Stop animation is designed using Adobe flash with a simple timeline and keyframe technique. You can experiment with different combination of intervals for stopping the animation. Try to learn different ways of doing the same thing. It will help you to give different options and approaches.
1. Draw circle using Oval tool with red color filled in it. Make sure that stroke (outline) is set to none. Convert the circle to symbol by selecting it with selection tool and pressing F8.
2. Add keyframe at 15 in timeline using F6 and shift a circle towards right. Right click between the 1st and 15th frame in the timeline and create classic tween between 1st and 15th frame.
3. Add keyframe at 30. Do not do anything between 15th and 30th frame.
4. Add keyframe at 45. Move circle more towards the right at 45. Create classic tween between 30th and 45th frame.
5. The timeline will look like this.
6. Export movie using File
> Export > Export Movie
7. The circle starts, then stops and then moves again.
8. Please make a note that even if you create a classic tween between 15th and 30th frame and don't move the circle, if will remain stationary between 15th and 30th frame.
9. It means if you want to move the object you need to move it in the beginning or at the end along with applying classic tween. Mere classic tween can not move an object.