Concept: The lesson is designed using Adobe Photoshop. We have used selections, different combination of image editing tools and filters for most of the effects. Photoshop comes up with lots of the options and scope for experiment is much more than you can imagine. We wish to encourage you to use different options and tools to get better output. The lessons and techniques described need to be followed as a guideline to achieve the effect.
Using same Lab Color mode concept, there is another
method of getting gray scale output. We need to create new gray
scale file and drag the lightness channel to it.
1. Open an image to apply photoshop Lab Color mode.
2. Image> Mode > Lab
3. Switch to Channels Palette or
Windows > Channels
4. Create New file with Grayscale Mode.
5. Drag the Lightness channel on the new grayscale
6. Delete the Gray channel from the channel palette.
7. Image > Mode
Switch to Grayscale from Multichannel
8. You can trim the file if the original file is bigger
than the dragged image.