Concept: The lesson is designed using Adobe Photoshop. We have used selections, different combination of image editing tools and filters for most of the effects. Photoshop comes up with lots of the options and scope for experiment is much more than you can imagine. We wish to encourage you to use different options and tools to get better output. The lessons and techniques described need to be followed as a guideline to achieve the effect.
Channels can be the good start to create grayscale
output. Its easy to use and it can be adjusted further using more
advanced commands. Here we will select specific channels according
to our requirements.
1. Open an image to use Channels for grayscale output.
2. Windows > Channels
3. Or Switch to Channels Palette and select any channel.
4. With this image you will get better output with
5. With Red, its too light and with Blue its too dark.
6. Create New Grayscale document and drag Green Channel
7. Delete Gray channel from the channel palette of
the new file.
8. Image > Mode
Switch to Grayscale from Multichannel
9. You can trim the file if the original file is bigger
than the dragged image.