Concept: The lesson is designed using CorelDRAW, the world fame vector program used by artists, illustrators and designers. CorelDRAW is a very user friendly software and you can learn fast for the basic level. Try to explore more commands using these lessons as guideline. CorelDRAW has best of the drawing and editing facilities with the astonishing range of effects. Please try to go further than these tips and tricks by drawing your own shapes and applying effects with different options.
Knife tool can be used to slice the
object. Learn this carefully as it may be a bit confusing. Always
remember that you need to start and end the cutting on the outline
of the object.
1. Open Corel Draw. Select Rectangle tool and
draw rectangle. Fill it with any color.
doesn't affect this tool.
3. Select Knife Tool (marked with green circle
in the image below).
4. Position it on the outline of the rectangle
where you want to start cutting. We started from the point that
is marked with red circle.
5. Once you position it will snap upright if
the position is correct.
6. Drag the tool to the outline at the other
end. We finished at the end on the outline which is marked by the
7. Release the cursor when it snaps again upright
to indicate that the end position is correct.
8. The rectangle is sliced into two parts.
9. They are two different objects now that can
be selected separately and fill different colors.