Concept: The lesson is designed using CorelDRAW, the world fame vector program used by artists, illustrators and designers. CorelDRAW is a very user friendly software and you can learn fast for the basic level. Try to explore more commands using these lessons as guideline. CorelDRAW has best of the drawing and editing facilities with the astonishing range of effects. Please try to go further than these tips and tricks by drawing your own shapes and applying effects with different options.
1. Open Corel DRAW. Type some text.
Try to use thick font.
2. Select Rectangle Tool. Draw
Rectangle at the lower half of the text. Select the same rectangle.
3. Arrange > Shaping >
Shaping Docker will get displayed. Select Third one
which is Intersect.
4. We are going to cut the text into two pieces.
5. Keep the rectangle selected. Click "Intersect
6. Click the pointer on the upper half of the text.
The lower half of the text will be intersected. Keep it aside. Drag
the same rectangle to the upper half and repeat the same procedure.
You will get the intersected upper part.
7. Delete the rectangle and the original text.
8. We got the two sliced pieces of the text. Select
the lower half.
9. Select Interactive Extrude Tool and drag the pointer
on the lower half of the text to apply the effect.
10. Select upper half.
11. Effects > Copy Effect
> Extrude From
12. Click the pointer on the extruded part of lower
half. The same extrude effect will get copied on the upper half
of the text also.
13. Shift upper half slightly to get proper sliced