Concept: The lesson is designed using CorelDRAW, the world fame vector program used by artists, illustrators and designers. CorelDRAW is a very user friendly software and you can learn fast for the basic level. Try to explore more commands using these lessons as guideline. CorelDRAW has best of the drawing and editing facilities with the astonishing range of effects. Please try to go further than these tips and tricks by drawing your own shapes and applying effects with different options.
Working with text in Corel DRAW is
really interesting experience because you can edit the text in so
1. Open Corel DRAW. Select Text Tool (marked
with green circle). The icon is A (Capital A).
2. Click the cursor on the page and type the
text. It may be very small so stretch it by pulling its corner point
using Pick Tool.
3. Move it anywhere using Pick Tool again.
4. Pull other points using pick Tool, to stretch the
text horizontally and vertically.
5. Filling text with color is just a click away. Keep
the text selected. Click on any color from the color palette at
right hand side. The text is filled with the selected color.
6. If you click on the cross icon in the color palette,
there will be no color in the text.
7. You can apply outline to the text in Corel DRAW.
Different types of effects can be created using outline. Click the
cursor on the page and type the text. Stretch it to bigger size
by pulling corner point. Keep it selected. We have removed the color
from the text.
8. Now right click on any color in the color palette.
9. This will apply the outline
to the text of the same color you have right clicked.
10. If you Right click on the cross icon in the color
palette, there will be no outline to the text.
11. Let us try to change outline thickness of the
text. It creates astonishing effects. Keep the text selected.
12. Press Outline Tool. In the fly out menu
click on 2 point outline (Thin). The outline is thicker than the
default. Try different types of available thickness.