Corel Text Basics
Working with text in Corel DRAW is really interesting experience because you can edit the text in so many ways.
1. Open Corel DRAW. Select Text Tool (marked with green circle). The icon is A (Capital A).
2. Click the cursor on the page and type the text. It may be very small so stretch it by pulling its corner point using Pick Tool.
3. Move it anywhere using Pick Tool again.
4. Pull other points using pick Tool, to stretch the text horizontally and vertically.
5. Filling text with color is just a click away. Keep the text selected. Click on any color from the color palette at right hand side. The text is filled with the selected color.
6. If you click on the cross icon in the color palette, there will be no color in the text.
7. You can apply outline to the text in Corel DRAW. Different types of effects can be created using outline. Click the cursor on the page and type the text. Stretch it to bigger size by pulling corner point. Keep it selected. We have removed the color from the text.
8. Now right click on any color in the color palette.
9. This will apply the outline to the text of the same color you have right clicked.
10. If you Right click on the cross icon in the color palette, there will be no outline to the text.
11. Let us try to change outline thickness of the text. It creates astonishing effects. Keep the text selected.
12. Press Outline Tool. In the fly out menu click on 2 point outline (Thin). The outline is thicker than the default. Try different types of available thickness.