As we have seen that now Corel draw treats the guideline like a normal object that can be selected, deleted even can be rotated. While working in Corel draw sometimes its advisable to lock the guideline so that it will not move while working with the objects. You can select and lock or unlock the guidelines.
1. Open Corel DRAW.
2. Drag the few horizontal and vertical guidelines using pick tool.
3. Using Pick Tool, select any guideline.
4. Go to Arrange > Lock Object
5. Try to move the guideline using pick tool, it will not move. It won't even get deleted.
6. Select the locked guideline with pick tool.
7. Go to Arrange > Unlock Object
8. Now it can be moved or deleted.
Let us go into the deep of guidelines using Guidelines Setup.
9 . View > Guidelines Setup
10. By default, show guidelines will be checked, if not, check it.
11. Change the default guideline color to Green and click OK.
12. Drag the guideline on the page.
13. It will have green color and when selected will turn into red.
14. Go to View > Guidelines Setup
15. Uncheck Show Guidelines
16. The guidelines will disappear.
17. Bring them back by either checking the same box or View > Guidelines
There is another way to access Guidelines Setup and clear the guidelines on the page.
18. Drag the horizontal and vertical guidelines on the page.
19. Double click on the horizontal guideline using pick tool.
20. This will open guidelines setup box with Horizontal option opened.
21. If you click on vertical guideline, it will open the guidelines setup box with Vertical option opened.
22. The number in the box indicates the position of the selected guideline.
23. Press clear, the number will vanish and the guideline will disappear.
24. You can press delete to delete the guideline.
Let us see how to move and add the guideline at the precise distance using guidelines setup.
25. Open Corel DRAW.
26. Drag the horizontal and vertical guidelines on the page.
27. Double click on the horizontal guideline using pick tool.
28. This will open guidelines setup box with Horizontal option opened.
29. Add some figure in the box other than what is present by default, if suppose it is 6, then add 10.