Concept: The lesson is designed using CorelDRAW, the world fame vector program used by artists, illustrators and designers. CorelDRAW is a very user friendly software and you can learn fast for the basic level. Try to explore more commands using these lessons as guideline. CorelDRAW has best of the drawing and editing facilities with the astonishing range of effects. Please try to go further than these tips and tricks by drawing your own shapes and applying effects with different options.
Let us start with the basics of guidelines
that will help you white drawing in Corel draw.
1. Open Corel DRAW.
2. Go to View and check Guidelines.
3. Select pick Tool place it over the horizontal ruler.
Drag the pointer down. It will bring the dotted line on the page
4. Follow the same procedure using vertical ruler
and bring vertical guideline.
5. You can use these guidelines for reference and
draw the object when require. You can remove these guidelines temporarily.
6. Go to View and uncheck Guidelines. This is off
the guidelines. You can check it to bring them back.
7. If you want to remove them permanently, select
the guideline you want to remove using pick tool. Once you select
it, it will turn into red color.
8. Press Delete key to delete the guideline.
Truly amazing facility provided by Corel draw where
you can rotate the guideline for the reference of drawing something
9. Drag the horizontal guideline using pick tool.
When it is dragged it is red colored that means it is selected.
10. Click the guideline again with pick tool. This
will display the rotating handles with center points as we get in
any object when clicked twice with pick tool.
11. Place the cursor on any one of the two handle
and start rotating the guideline. You can observe that you can rotate
12. Press CTRL + Z to UNDO.
13. Once the guideline is selected by pick tool, the
property bar displays the properties of the guidelines. Put 60 in
the "Angle of Rotation" box and press enter.
14. The guideline is rotated by 60 degrees. This way
you can be precise with the rotation of the guideline.
15. Drag the few horizontal and vertical guidelines
using pick tool.
16. Go to Edit > Select
All > Guidelines
17. They all turn to red as they are all selected.
You can rotate them all by adding the angle in the property bar.
18. Add 60 in the angle of rotation. All the guidelines
are rotated by 60 degrees.
19. Click anywhere other than guidelines to deselect
20. Press Shift key this time and select 1-2 horizontal
and vertical guidelines.
21. This proves that now guidelines can be selected like any other