Concept: The lesson is designed using CorelDRAW, the world fame vector program used by artists, illustrators and designers. CorelDRAW is a very user friendly software and you can learn fast for the basic level. Try to explore more commands using these lessons as guideline. CorelDRAW has best of the drawing and editing facilities with the astonishing range of effects. Please try to go further than these tips and tricks by drawing your own shapes and applying effects with different options.
Let us learn the details about the
basics of fill in Corel DRAW.
1. Open Corel DRAW. Draw rectangle. Keep it selected.
2. Click on any color from the color palette at right
hand side. The object is filled with color. We have increased the
thickness of the outline to see the difference in the colors prominently.
3. If you right click on the some color, outline will
be colored with same fill color. Now you will see the object with
no border as the border is merged with the fill since we have used
same color for both.
4. Try different colors for fill and outline.
5. Click on the cross mark at the top of the color
palette. The color is removed and you again get the object with
6. Please remember that cross filled icon on the top
of the color palette is used to remove fill when clicked normally
and it removes outline when clicked with right button.
7. Click on Fill Tool from toolbox (marked with red
8. The first option is "Fill Color Dialog".
Click it and you will get "Uniform Fill" dialog box. Click
on any color or the shade. Please do not change any settings. Click
9. The object is filled with the color you have selected.