Concept: The lesson is designed using CorelDRAW, the world fame vector program used by artists, illustrators and designers. CorelDRAW is a very user friendly software and you can learn fast for the basic level. Try to explore more commands using these lessons as guideline. CorelDRAW has best of the drawing and editing facilities with the astonishing range of effects. Please try to go further than these tips and tricks by drawing your own shapes and applying effects with different options.
Mirroring the text either horizontally
and vertically can be achieved with Mirror Text option. This is
a simple option but need to study carefully to understand exact
use of it. Let us first try the basic things.
1. Open Corel DRAW.
2. Carry out the effect as described in the basic
lesson. Keep the effect selected.
3. There is an option called Mirror Text on the property bar.
4. To the right of Mirror text there is an icon of Mirror Horizontally.
5. Click this icon.
6. You will get the horizontal mirror image.
7. Come back to original position by clicking the same icon again.
8. There is another icon besides, called Mirror Vertically.
9. Click this to get vertical mirror image.
10. You will get the vertical mirror image inside the circle as
the original image is outside the circle just on the edge.
11. Come back to original position by clicking the same icon again.
Tick spacing is some thing provided for the ease of
work while you adjust the distance between the path and the text.
Once you mention the tick spacing, the text will move with that
12. Go back to 2nd step. Keep the effect selected.
13. Add 1.5 inches for tick spacing.
14. Select the text using pick tool.
15. Move the text away from the circle.
16. You will notice that you get the snapping at the increment of
1.5 inches when you move the text.
17. Off the Tick Snapping
18. Start moving the text again.
19. You will notice that the text is moving smoothly without any
Once you apply the text and you wish to change the
font and/or the size, its possible within the effect itself. You
don't need to start from the beginning.
20. Go back to 2nd step. Keep the effect selected.
21. You will get the drop down menus to change the font and font size on the property bar.
22. Change the font and see the effect first.
23. Then change the size and observe the effect.
24. Try to apply Bold and Italic options also