1. Open Photoshop. Open Image to work with rectangular marquee tool.
2. Select Rectangular Marquee Tool from toolbox. Drag on the image. You will get animated selection border. It indicated the area selected by the tool.
3. If you press and drag the cursor within selection, you can move selection anywhere, it won’t affect the selected part of an image. When the pointer is placed within the selection, the cursor is changed. The moving will help in positioning the selection.
4. Select move tool if you want to move the selected part. Place it within the selection and drag. It will move the selected part and reveal the background. This time we have kept while as a background color.
5. You can fill foreground color in the selection using Alt+Del key. We kept green for foreground.