Concept: The lesson is designed using Adobe Photoshop. We have used selections, different combination of image editing tools and filters for most of the effects. Photoshop comes up with lots of the options and scope for experiment is much more than you can imagine. We wish to encourage you to use different options and tools to get better output. The lessons and techniques described need to be followed as a guideline to achieve the effect.
1. Open an image.
2. Change it to gray scale using Image > Adjustments > Desaturate
3. Select hairs using Quick Mask Mode Technique.
4. You will get the following selection.
5. Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Color Balance
6. Click OK and you will get Color Balance box. Move the sliders to get following values for Midtones.
7. Select Highlights and move the sliders to get following values for Highlights.
8. Select Shadows and move the sliders to get following values for Shadows.
9. Try to match the color with original and experiment using different values.